A great many people have been of invaluable help so far. Some have shared with us words of advice, warning and encouragement while others continue to stare incredulously, thinking us mad. Others yet are helping liaise with partners, locate sponsors, find media coverage... We appreciate your interest, excitement and concern: all are proof that you care and for that we would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to ALL OF YOU, who are and forever will be part of this adventure.
In particular, we are indebted to the following indivduals:
- Ambassador Blaise Godet (Swiss Embassy, Beijing) for his help with a few tricky visa issues
- Kin One (BMW Roader, Beijing) for his help in sourcing the bikes and making our mechanics classes possible
- Krystyna Marty & Terence Billeter (Swiss Embassy, Beijing) for helping with contacts in Beijing and along the road
- Maria Ying-Matthews (Peace International Foundation) for putting us in touch with her friends at UNDP
- Pieter Houlleberghs & Anna Ong (INSEAD Energy Club) for believing in the venture and garnering support on our behalf from INSEAD students and alumni
- Ruth & Mike Mercado and their friends Marc Danzeisen and Jeff Jourrard for putting together the best theme song we could possibly have imagined
- Sonja Piontek (BMW Motorrad, Munich) for providing tremendous feedback on our marketing strategy as well as being an invaluable link to BMW Motorrad
- Stewart Ballard for providing great input into our marketing materials and sharing with us his extensive rolodex
And last but no means least, we are eternally grateful to the Von Wunschheim and Dembitz clans, along with our better halves, Tiffany and Arnaud, for all their support, patience and udnerstanding in spite of their worries. We commend them and admire them for putting up with us !